Paint Yourself Calm
Sometimes just a simple act of adding paint to paper with no prior planning or specific image expectation other than creating a simple pattern could be the best thing to create the state of flow. To think about colour combinations and different ways of watercolour application. It is deeply gratifying as well as therapeutic. In this two hour workshop you will be doing just that. Putting paint to paper and allowing your watercolours to do their magic whilst getting you into the serene state of flow and calmness.
In this workshop you will:
- Decide on a pattern and outline it.
- Learn basic strategy of choosing a limited palette to achieve colour harmony.
- Learn different ways of applying watercolour creating different washes.
- Practice precision and pulls when painting.
- Create one full page of watercolour pattern.
Paint yourself calm is for you if:
- You are trying to find ways to calm your brain and slow the pace of your fast life.
- Want to explore watercolour with a more loose and relaxing approach.
- You love pattern and colour combinations and want to explore more.
- You just want a leisurely creative afternoon, no strings attached and heavy teachings.
- It’s your first time using watercolour and just want to get the feel for the medium.
Paint yourself calm is not for you if:
- You are looking for an in-depth learning about watercolours, for that head here.
- Are not patient and can’t be bothered to spend quiet time just painting.
- Expecting to draw and paint, for that you might be more interested in Learn how to Sketch or Visual journaling workshops.
This is an in-person workshop happening here in Kuwait.
It is NOT an online event.
If you would like to join or learn more about when it is happening, hit the button below.