Learn How to Sketch
Learn How to Sketch the Overview
This is a four day workshop where you will be introduced to basic sketching exercises that will train you to draw. These exercises are designed to teach you to actually draw what you see. Not, what you think you see. A common mistake we all do because our brains are tricking us. It is about training your visual muscles and strengthening your hand/eye coordination aiding you in observational drawing.
Breakdown of How to Sketch
In this workshop you will be prompted to draw from live objects that are set in front of you. Teaching you how to strengthen your observational drawing skills. This will be done through series of exercises designed to aid in that matter. These would include:
- Blind Drawing
- Contour Drawing/ Negative Space
- Continuous Line drawing
- Drawing to a slow rhythm
- Gestural Drawing
How to Sketch is for you if you:
- Are a complete novice and never sketched before.
- Want to learn observational drawing aiding you with future sketching.
- You have been sketching but want to polish your skills.
How to Sketch is NOT for you if you:
- Think this is a cookie cutter type of lesson where you go home with a pretty end picture.
- Expect to have a colorful end product.
- Want to draw from a picture.
- Want to trace your main drawing.
Disclaimer: This workshop is to train your hand/eye coordination skills and teach you observational drawing. Therefore, you will leave with pages full of sketchbook practice methods and sketches. It is your building block to future sketching. You will be drawing with a pencil or a pen. No colour will be added at this stage.
This is an in-person workshop happening here in Kuwait.
It is NOT an online event.
If you would like to join or learn more about when it is happening, hit the button below.