Watercolour Workshop for a Complete Novice
Watercolour workshop for a complete novice is covering basic knowledge about the medium and ways of creating with it. Covering the technical aspects along with general manipulation methods. It is strictly practical and designed to give you all the basic practice exercises, so you can better work with it. This is not about teaching you how to draw or paint, rather how to understand the medium and use that knowledge later in your painting projects.
Day one of watercolour workshop for a complete novice
Introduction to the medium:
NOTE: Day one is more of a theory based lesson and full of practical advise. Be prepared for lots of note taking.
- What it is and how it’s made.
- Its characteristics and behavior.
- Different manufacturers and forms that it comes in.
- Paper types, their uses and ways of informing choices based on our needs and preferences.
- Brushes,their uses and ways of informing choices based on our needs and preferences.
Day two of watercolour workshop for a complete novice
- Creating different types of washes.
- Learning various types of application methods.
- Understanding the balance between the watercolour and the tools used.
Day three of watercolour workshop for a complete novice
Based on the work from day two we will be continuing with the practice. Working through more of the exercises implementing the knowledge form the previous two sessions in order to master the techniques and medium control.
Day four of watercolour workshop for a complete novice
Final project. Where we will be putting it all together in a final piece allowing us to implement all the knowledge and techniques learned in the previous sessions.
This workshop is for you if you:
- Never worked with the medium and would like to get a deeper understanding of it.
- Tried working with watercolours but have problems controlling the medium.
- Want to gather an in-depth understanding of all the factors affecting your painting skills.
- Want to learn all different approaches and mixing methods when painting.
- Want to build comprehensive knowledge about the terminology used and skills that go with them.
- You are up for some fun basic exercises.
- You like to hang out with a bunch of fun watercolour loving enthusiasts.
This workshop is NOT for you if you:
- Know everything there is to know about the medium and have been working with it.
- Are expecting to get out of it with a body of work, aka pretty end result picture.
- Are not that into the technicalities of it all.
This is an in-person workshop happening here in Kuwait!
It is NOT an online event.
If you would like to join or learn more about when it is happening, hit the button below.